11 May 2016
A new dawn of wellness for modern travellers has arrived in the remote and tranquil hills of northern Thailand. Join us at Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp and Resort where wellness and wildlife converge to create a holistic experience that remains in memories forever. Infusing the mesmerising vista across the hills, the fresh jungle air and the soothing connection with one of nature’s most gentle and soothing animals, the new programme at Anantara Golden Triangle - part of Balance, Anantara’s innovative signature wellness concept - is designed to take the stress out of everyday life and leave you feeling completely at one with nature.
‘Where Wellness Meets Nature’ is extremely flexible – a key feature of the Balance concept - and allows you to devise your own fitness programme by choosing from unique activities immersed in nature such as ‘Walking with Elephants’, Mahout training, jungle trekking, riverside cycling and elephant yoga. After meeting with our expert chef upon arrival, a personalised healthy menu will be created to ensure every element of your culinary journey is fully covered. After an invigorating and rewarding day in the hills, indulge in our brand new bespoke spa experiences that re-energise and detox you from head to toe. The healing properties of the jungle and surrounding three countries vista perfectly complement the wellness experience.
Wake up to invigorating mornings inhaling the fresh three-country air as the mist rises across the hills of Myanmar, Thailand and Laos. As the day breaks, we invite you to walk into the jungle accompanied by the dawn chorus to fetch your gentle giant. Elephants have long held a place in ancient ritual and meditation for both the Brahmin and local Buddhist traditions due to their calm nature, rhythmic pace and unhurried breath.
After an early morning al fresco yoga session either in the jungle pavilion or aboard your elephant, connecting your soul with theirs and energising yourself with the breath-taking panorama, a healthy, nutritious picnic breakfast is laid out on the grass, while your new elephant friend enjoys theirs amongst the shrubbery. To return to camp, climb atop your trusty steed and enjoy a leisurely trek through the resort’s bamboo forest and stunning landscaped grounds with their swaying pace coaxing clarity of mind.
The programme’s other options are refreshingly diverse. Choose our Healthy Thai Cooking Class that includes a trip to the market in the local village, a visit to a thousand year old temple to give merit to the monks and a picnic breakfast in the spiritual surrounds. Head out on a trek through the jungle on foot, through untrodden paths to reach the hilltop for undisturbed views and a perfect meditation spot. Grab a bike and cycle through the tropical terrain, along the banks of the mesmerising Mekong, through Thai-Loas border rice paddies, stopping at temples and silk weaving villages along the way and finishing at Chiangsaen Lake wetland area for tropical bird watching. Or stay in the peaceful surrounds of the resort, using the fitness centre, playing tennis or squash or simply unwinding with the sights and sounds of nature all around you.
Launching this year is also the resort’s private Thai boxing ring. Take a starter lesson with our resident expert and become familiar with this ancient art for which Thailand is renowned. After a tough but rewarding work-out, unwind and re-energise with two brand new 90 minute spa rituals created especially for this new Anantara Golden Triangle journey. Drawing on the science of Ayurveda, the first is a soothing massage that clears the mind and relieves tension, the second will leave you feeling recharged by the power of nature and holistic techniques.
This combination of nature and wellness ensures each and every experience leaves you feeling refreshed, restored and completely at one with the stunning surrounds of the resort.
The new ‘Where Wellness Meets Nature’ Package includes:
• Accommodation including all meals. Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner inclusive of a selected range of beverages to be enjoyed at any restaurant, including in-room dining
• Healthy menu creation with chef upon arrival
• One activity for every night stayed from a choice of:
• Invigorating Elephant Experiences: Choose from the Elephant Learning Programme, Mahout Training, Walking with Giants.
• Healthy Spice Spoons: Anantara cooking school, offering an alternative and interactive immersion into the healthy side of Thailand’s world famous cuisine, including a trip to the local market and monastery.
• Elephant Yoga / Sunrise Jungle Trekking / Jungle Cycling / Thai Boxing: Enjoy healthy and invigorating experiences, taking in the soul soothing vista of the three countries whether on top of our elephant, a bike or trekking through the stunning mountainous jungle of No rthern Thailand.
• Spa Retreat Package: Choose from our new bespoke Spa Retreat Packages that complement the healthy activities during your stay.
• Roundtrip transfers to and from Chiang Rai Airport
• Beverages (select range of healthy juices, non-alcoholic drinks, house wine, beer and spirits)
• Internet access
• In-room mini bar
• One time visit to the Opium Museum
Package price starts from THB 30,800
For reservations and more information, please telephone +66 53 784 084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.