30 Jan 2019
Anantara Hotels Announces Thailand’s Inaugural Elephant Boat Race & River Festival
Anantara Hotels, Resort & Spas has announced Thailand’s first charity “Elephant Boat Race & River Festival” in celebration of Thailand’s majestic national animal. The fun filled three-day charitable event will take place on the banks of the mighty Chaopraya River next to Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort from 29th to 31st March 2019.
The first Elephant Boat Race & River Festival will feature competitions on the river in the form of dragon boat races, involving 12 teams including international teams from China, the Philippines and Malaysia going trunk to trunk with Thailand’s own including the Navy Seals paddling unique elephant themed and designed boats on the river.
While the teams battle it out on the river; on-land entertainment includes the digital dry dock rowing tournament, which is open to all on Friday, while professional rowers can battle for the Asia Cup on Saturday and Sunday. Come dressed to impress on Saturday with the Old Siam themed Ladies Day and a chance to win luxury stays in the Maldives, as well as champagne tents, beer gardens and food festivals. Friday and Saturday evenings comes alive with concerts featuring popular singers Burin and Atom and firework displays.
Tapping into its conservational expertise, Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas is aiming to raise significant charitable donations through ticket sales that will be donated to elephant related projects throughout Thailand while also generating awareness to benefit the future of the Asian elephant.
To join Anantara Hotels in celebrating Thailand’s national animal and to support fundraising for their conservation and welfare, please visit https://www.bangkokriverfestival.com/
- 200 Baht per person per day
- VIP tickets are available at 3,000 Baht per person per day (*eligible for free flow of drinks served at the VIP tents (Beer/Wine/Spirits) and light food snacks)
- Early bird promotion: Special VIP ticket at 2,500 Baht (limited availability)
- Free for children under 12
- The tournament entrance
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok Hotel
The festival ground is located just 100 metre away from Anantara Riverside Bangkok Hotel, Charoennakorn Road, Bangkok
- Free parking is available at the event, Riverside Plaza and Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort.
- Free hotel shuttle boat service between Sathorn Pier (BTS Saphan Taksin) and Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, every 20 minutes. Operating hours 7:20 am – 11: 30 pm.
- Free shuttle service from Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort to the pitch or enjoy a 5 minutes stroll.
- Ends -
For media enquiries, please contact:
Director of Public Relations and Communications
Telephone: +66 (0) 2 365 7678