Clients/Job Applicants should read this policy before sending or providing personal information. Personal information refers to all information, whether true or false, collected and recorded which identifies someone personally (e.g. name, address, contacts, etc).
Clients should certify that any children under the age of 18 do not send us any personal information without their authorisation.
Within the scope of this policy, Minor Hotel Group pledges to:
- Explain the purpose and processing of any personal information requested;
- Use personal information only for the purposes mentioned in this policy;
- Only request the personal information necessary, taking measures to maintain such information is up to date;
- Maintain personal information for the time required for processing in accordance with local legislation;
- Make available to clients/job applicants the means to access, amend, correct or delete their personal information; and
- Maintain the personal information which is supplied to us confidential and secure, except if we are otherwise required to release such information as a consequence of a legal order.
- All Minor Hotel Group Site(s); and
- Processing of personal information provided at any of our hotels, restaurants or other points of sale.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Information
As a client of Minor Hotel Group, your personal information and/or the personal information of members of your family may be requested for different purposes, more specifically we may request:
- Name, nationality, telephone number, e-mail, address, etc;
- Date of birth;
- Credit card details;
- Dates of arrival at and departure from our hotels /restaurants or other points of sale;
- Information on children: name and date of birth;
- Interests and preferences: e.g. location of room required, smoking/ non-smoking room, type of room and bed requested required, preferred newspaper, etc; and
- Client comments either during or after a stay at a Minor Hotel Group hotel.
As a job applicant or intern at Minor Hotel Group, the following personal information may be requested:
- Contacts: name, nationality, telephone number, e-mail, address, etc;
- Date of birth;
- Interests and reasons for your application;
- Education and training and professional experience; and
- Curriculum Vitae.
We do not request sensitive personal information such as: religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, information on health, racial origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation or union membership.
Personal information may be requested in different circumstances, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Participation in marketing programs (subscription to newsletters to receive offers/promotions; register in loyalty program; contributions to surveys and/or comments of clients, competitions)
- Hotel activities (e.g. room or table reservations, check-in and check-out; complaints or requests);
- Supply of information from tour operators, travel agencies or on-line reservation systems;
- Internet activities (connection to Minor Hotel Group site; completing of forms to request online information - for example, online reservations, questionnaires, etc); and
- Job or internship applications.
2. Objectives of Requesting Personal Information
Personal information is requested with the following objectives:
- Management of reservation and stay of clients;
- Improvement of the services we provide in our hotels, restaurants and other points of sale so as to understand client needs and exceed their expectations;
- Personalisation of our services;
- Sending of newsletters, promotions and marketing materials by email, mail or SMS. Clients may cancel their subscription to our e-newsletter service by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-newsletters; and
- Recruitment of staff for Minor Hotel Group.
3. Failure to Provide Personal Information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you, your family, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
Minor Hotel Group may share the personal information of clients / applicants with:
- Minor Hotel Group employees: more specifically to provide the services requested and/or to manage information bases for clients or job applicants; and
- Local authorities – should it be required by local legislation or as part of internal Minor Hotel Group investigations, in accordance with legal requirements.
Minor Hotel Group also reserves the right to transmit any personal information in the event of sale or transmission of part or all of the company or respective assets.
In any case of transmission of personal information to third parties, we will strictly comply with legal obligations and we will strive to ensure that said third parties use personal information in a manner compliant with this policy. In some cases your information will be sent to Thailand, which is the home of our parent company.
We will only provide your information to third parties or a court/tribunal when:
- We have your express or implied consent;
- It is necessary to disclose your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We are legally and reasonably obliged to assist or co-operate with agencies performing law enforcement related activities in the performance of their functions; or
- It is a ‘permitted general situation’ or ‘permitted health situation’ as required under the Privacy Act.
5. Accessing, Changing and Deleting Personal Information
Clients / Applicants may access, correct, add to, update or delete their personal information by contacting Minor Hotel Group by e-mail: customerservice 'at' theoaksgroup.com.au. Such requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible. There may be a small charge if the information you requested takes time for us to provide to you. While we are happy to assist you within a reasonable period, Minor Hotel Group has the right to deny your request if it falls within one of the legal grounds allowed in the relevant jurisdiction. Minor Hotel Group may request a copy of a valid identification document so as to protect client privacy and confirm identification, before making any changes.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, relevant, not misleading and up to date. If for any reason we refuse to correct your personal information as requested by you we will provide you with written reasons as to why we have chosen not to do so.
6. Security of personal information
Minor Hotel Group has implemented the necessary technical and organisational measures, in compliance with legal requirements, with the aim of protecting the personal information of clients and job applicants, ensuring confidentiality in accordance with the principles as described in this policy.
Whenever information is requested on credit cards, this communication is made through Minor Hotel Group secure SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) lines, when you are using a browser which allows SSL, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
8. User Generated Content
If you post reviews or comments on the site or on our social media accounts, you grant the Minor Hotel Group and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such reviews and comments throughout the world in any media. You also grant the Company and its affiliates and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit with any review or comment, if any, in connection with such review or comment.
9. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and those linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
10. Queries and Complaints
If you have any queries about this policy or believe that there may have been possible breaches of your privacy by us, please contact the Minor Hotel Group on the following email address: customerservice 'at' theoaksgroup.com.au
Minor Hotel Group employ cookies on this site which aim to improve how well it works and to help enhance the user experience.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in a user’s device (computer, mobile phone or tablet) when he or she visits the Minor Hotel Group site with a browser. Cookies allow the website to recognize the user's device.
What are cookies for and why do Minor Hotel Group use them on their site?
Cookies help Minor Hotel Group to understand how a client got to our site (internet search, recommendation from another site, advertisement, etc.) and how the client navigates between the site's pages.
Cookies also allow us to know your navigating preferences, such as the language you use.
However, they do not collect any type of personal information or any other information which allows a user to be identified individually.
Are all cookies the same?
No. There are different types of cookies, used in accordance with the type of information they seek to analyse and collect and the time which they remain installed for of a user's device.
What cookies does the Minor Hotel Group site use?
How long do cookies stay installed on a user's device?
The site uses permanent cookies to allow it to identify a new visit by the same user, helping Minor Hotel Group understand which new content is relevant to that user. This information is analysed as a whole in order to improve the content and services provided.
The site also uses temporary cookies, which only remain active while the user is on the site. These cookies only allow Minor Hotel Group to understand how a user navigates between pages and identify opportunities for improvement.
Can a user block cookies?
Yes. All browsers allow users to configure access by cookies or block them.
For more information on how to block cookies, please consult your browser's help section.
Where can I find out more about cookies?
For more information on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org (in English, French and Spanish).